Saturday 14 March 2009

Working with colour

Do you ever struggle with colour? Which colours go with which, or which tones to use? Do you know the difference between a warm blue and a cold blue? Or pink? Or a hue and ? Or what a value is?

My friend Beverly Gilbert, in addition to being a wonderful teacher and beader, has a fantastic eye for colour, and has started sharing her expertise on her blog. She has some simple exercises to help people think about colour, and work through colour combinations.

It's well worth a look!

http://beverlygilbert.blogspot.com/

Enjoy - I always do! And looking at all those colour combinations inspires me to go off and make art!

2 comments:

  1. Adrienne,
    Thank you for your wonderful words! I'm glad you are liking my little mini-lessons on color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have been thinking of me when you posted this!! I still have a problem with color so I will check out Beverly's site. Thanks
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete

Guestbook

Blog Archive

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site