Wednesday 18 March 2009

Doing the ironing


Have you ever ironed a pear??? I have!

I was inspired by Zeborah's fantasy gourd and 'dragon eggs', so decided to try my hand at 3-D fantasy film.

Using a combination of a fake pear, pva glue, fantasy film, an iron and a heat gun, I transformed this life sized fake pear into a shimmery other-worldly fruit! It took a little patience, but I got there in the end.


I did try stamping & embossing the pear, but I foolishly chose an interference embossing powder which didn't show (and I thought it was going to show in a deep iridescent green!!!). All this process did was take a lot of the shine away, and I didn't like the pear quite as much. So I ironed on some angelina fibres:



It's still not quite as pretty as it was with just the fantasy film, and you can't really see the texture or colours very well in the photograph, but I rather like it!!

14 comments:

  1. Ooooo! I love it - what gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it tooo !beautiful!! just tried my fantasy fibres today for the first time,havent done anything as stunning as this though lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh- you are in trouble now.
    I must warn you that this is VERY addictive. LOL

    Love your pear! Trish may try to steal it. hehehehe
    Love,
    Zeb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning.. great job Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look s fantastic Adrienne! I really, really must have a play with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe... that's way awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just loving this pear!! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so going to get some fake fruit to iron !! LOL !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You created a beautiful pear. Almost as good as Ma Nature.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. I am totally blown away! I just kinda stumbled on this and all I can sa is WOW! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooo great pear. The only use you should put an iron to lol. I love the can too. Thanks for all your inspiring work.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is totally gorgeous. What are the fake fruits made of? I don't suppose you can use polystyrene shapes because of the heat. I went over to Zeborah's blog to see if there was a technique but there wasn't. I know this blog post was a while back (only just discovered you lol!) but would you be able to do a tutorial on this? The results are so stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Guestbook

Blog Archive

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site