Thursday 10 July 2008

Sweetpea's deco

I was looking for something new to try, and wanted to use an interesting background. Rachel Bland made a gorgeous background for the background swap a while ago, so I thought I'd give her background technique a try. I covered a piece pf copier paper with 2 Radiant Rain dauber colours. One daubed much better than the other, so in the end I took the dauber off and used a paintbrush... I let the paper dry, then crumpled it up and smoothed it out again. At this point, I was supposed to spray it with webbing spray, but my webbing spray is inaccessible, so I just smooshed a Galaxy Gold Brilliance inkpad over it to highlight it. I added some crumpled gold paper and some stamped embellishments.





For the back, I used the same paper, but made the embellishment by ironing fantasy film onto a stamp inked with Stazon. The stamps are both by Stamp Diva, and remind me of some Paperbag Studio ones, but I like the sentiments on these. I added my name using a child's dymo machine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site