Friday 6 July 2007

Teesha pages 'how to'

A few people have been in touch to ask how I created my 'Teesha style' journal pages. Basically, I followed Teesha's instructions:

http://www.teeshamoore.com/latest_news.htm

and looked at her finished & journalled pages for inspiration, and a 'feel' for her style:

http://www.teeshamoore.com/teeshasjournalpgs.html

I used Fabriano Artistico hot press watercolour paper, cut into 15 inch by 10 inch sheets, and made 4 pages per sheet. Almost all my backgrounds were done using colorwash sprays - some really vivid and metallic colours by Outside the Margins:

http://www.outsidethemargins.com/colormists.html

and some of the lovely pastel and summery colours by Sticky Fingers (a UK company) which are sold by my friend Carol (even though they are not listed at the moment!) who does a good deal on international postage:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Stampattack-Art-Stamps

Once the backgrounds were dry, I added images cut from magazines - mainly from various gardening magazines, Waitrose Food magazine (many of the witty phrases!) and Country Living magazine. The images were often from adverts, I just cut them out and stuck them down using a glue stick. Once dry, I 'dotted' around them with a black Sharpie. Then I took a watercolour pencil (Derwent) and coloured around the edge of the image, between the image and the line of dots. I also drew the page borders with a black Sharpie - and one or two finer ones with a 0.7 black Staedtler pigment liner.

All the white areas were done with a correction fluid 'roller ball' pen - I tried Pilot Super Colour white, Sakura Permapaque, Sakura Souffle, and a Sakura Glaze pen before buying the correction fluid pen. Most of them didn't show on the colourwashes - the souffle and the glaze pen did a little, but not BRIGHT white, which is what I wanted.

It was really FUN to do the pages once I got going.... Why not try some yourself and see????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook

Blog Archive

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site