Sunday 7 March 2010

Mixed media pendant


I had a few birthday presents to make, and reluctantly decided to use my last few Patera hearts. These are part of a range of really high quality jewellery findings, and the pendants all have matching punches, which makes it really easy to achieve a professional finish when cutting your artwork to fit.

I was only reluctant because I have a weird thing about not using things in my stash which I really like, especially the last of anything (because then I won't have it any more, and who knows whether I can get it again LOL).

I was also reluctant because I can't find a UK supplier for these beautiful high quality jewellery findings, and UK customs restrictions on imported goods means I can only buy 5 at a time from the US, unless I want to pay £8 handling charge plus 17.5% tax.

I took some fabric paper scraps left over form my last mixed media art quilt, and punched it to shape. I stamped with Versamark, and embossed with Stewart Gill Metallic copper embossing powder, then sewed on a bead and bead spacer. Voila! A pretty unique piece of wearable art. Apologies for the image quality, I scanned it and probably should have taken a photograph instead.
Anyway, I hope the friends who receive them for their birthdays like them!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's not just me who keeps things just to stroke!

    You can get some Patera stuff including these hearts from Stamp Addicts in the UK - link below

    https://www.stampaddictsshop.co.uk/prodcat.asp?c=10411

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info Kate. I like the copper hearts and Stamp Addicts only sells the silver colour. Also, they are only $5.45 in the US.... which makes buying 5 at a time from the US cheaper...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Any friend would treasure this. Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this heart Adrienne - thank you so much! xo

    ReplyDelete

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site