Sunday 7 March 2010

Colorwash spray technique

I had a 'light bulb' moment today. I have lots of colourwashes in my stash, and have only ever sprayed them onto various surfaces, or painted them onto specific parts of projects. What was I thinking of? I should have thought of using them like this a long time ago, not finding out by accident today!

I was making something today when I accidentally got some colourwash onto some glossy paper. I dabbed it with a wet wipe. I liked the effect. I added another colour, dabbed, added another colour and dabbed until I was happy with what I had. It looks quite similar to alcohol inks at first glance, but it a much cheaper way of achieving the effect than using alcohol inks. I used what I produced as backgrounds to stamp on, and made these two cards.




4 comments:

  1. Looks Beautiful Adrienne.
    Congratulations on your recent good luck.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Love the look of this. Will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site