Saturday 9 August 2008

Purple & gold skinny page

I made this page for a small swap, the brief was that we had to make the page mostly purple with gold, and that we had to use a Paper Artsy stamp somewhere on the page.

The front of my page is on the right, I painted white textured cardstock with some purple Stewart Gill paint, then painted a layer of Jo Sonya's gold dust medium on top. This is a thinnish gel medium with small gold flakes suspended in it. When it dries, you can't see the medium, just the gold flakes. I accidentally did a second coat on one page and the medium has gone semi opaque, I won't make that mistake again.

Next step was to add some gold down the left hand side. I have some starry punchinella, so I stippled gold paint through it. I then stamped the Paper Arsty stamp several times over the length of the page, and embossed with violet interference embossing powder. This gave quite a subtle look to the pattern. The main embellishment is a moulded piece of friendly plastic - I like the partial mould effect rather than the 'perfect' moulded piece. Friendly plastic is lightweight and resilient, and survives postal journeys really well.

The back of the page is sprayed with 2 or 3 purple colour sprays, the daubed with some scrunched up plastic to give some texture. I stamped the image 3 times with Versamark and embossed with jewelled gold embossing powder, then stamped the image twice more in purple dye ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site