Saturday 1 June 2013

Colourful tags

Oh, a whole month and a half has slipped past since my last post.  I was away for a couple of weeks and then I've been unwell enough not to feel like posting.  So today I will post a few things to make up for it!

I'm taking part in an monthly 'colourful tags' swap, the colour scheme is set for each month but otherwise the swap is pretty open.  For my 
'green with a touch of blue' tags I layered fluid acrylic paint until it started to look leathery, then collaged on some painted and stamped paper across the centre of the tag. 

I used the Gelli plate to print on both sides of the tag, then stamped the top half of one side using Stazon and on of my favourite Stampers Anonymous stamps.

I stamped the bird and egg images (Invoke Arts) onto green paper, and mounted the images in painted slide mounts. The touch of blue was dots of Jacquard Lumiere paint.


For the 'white with a touch of gold' tags, I used moulding paste and a lettering stencil to give texture to the top of one side of the tag,and some stencil waste and moulding paste to add texture to the bottom. I  then sewed some scrim around the tag using long straight stitches and french knots, and painted everything with gesso, then white acrylic paint. I stamped a series of circles across the back (Stewart Gill), and added some lace trim stickers.  Finally I used a W stencil with gel medium to add the W, and when it was dry I painted it gold. To finish the tag, I gently rubbed all the scrim and embroidery stitches with Treasure Gold.


1 comment:

  1. Oh no not treasure gold !!!!!!! Great tags Adrienne.

    ReplyDelete

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site