I made 3 tags for a swap.
The swap rules were that 'ancient stash' (anything you've had and not used for more than a year) had to be used to make the tags.
I dug out my Modern Options patinating solutions. I wasn't even sure if they would still work, I haven't used them for a couple of years. I painted one tag with the 'blackened bronze' base, another with the 'blonde bronze' base, and the third with the 'iron' base. I also painted some card offcuts with the copper base.
I painted the bronze and copper bases with the green patina liquid while they were still tacky, and left the iron base to dry overnight before painting it with the rust liquid.
The results were a little patchy - but they often are if you don't get the timings right - so I gave the rusty one another coat, and redid the blackened bronze and green patina one.
Once dry, I ran each tag through the Wizard in two different embossing folders, and highlighted the raised areas with Brilliance ink
I stamped and embossed architectural images down the centre of each patinated offcut of card, and attached these to the tags with brads. I wrapped some metallic thread around the non-embossed 'stripe' I'd left on each tag, and added some air-dry clay embellishments I had made a couple of years ago. I added a touch of Treasure Gold to the embellishments, in colours which toned with the tags. Finally, I threaded and knotted a selection of fibres to the tags to finish them off.
I'd forgotten how lovely the patina solutions make cardboard, I should probably go and paint lots of pieces of card for my stash, to use these liquids up before they lose their potency.
Hope the recipient likes the tags as much as I do, these were a little hard to let go!