I made these for the small international ATC swaps group I belong to.
September's theme was 'woven', and this is my interpretation.
I used Ranger Adirondack color wash sprays to dye pelmet vilene, before cutting it up and weaving it together. I hand embroidered a 'darned/woven' area, and added small pieces of pelmet vilene with the words stamped on them. To finish, I cut two circles of card and used a brad to attach them.
October's theme was 'fabric & fibres' and this is my interpretation.
I needlefelted scrim to a wool fabric base, then needlefelted some wool rovings to the back to bring subtle colour through to the front. I couched down some knitting yarn with Perle thread, and added a line of stitches in fine gold metallic thread. I used toning and contrasting threads for the french knots and seed stitches, before finishing the ATCs by backing them onto pelmet vilene with machine zigzag.