Friday 7 December 2012

My rusty heart ATC


This month's ATC theme was 'rust'. 

I decided my neglected heart is getting rusty, and thought I'd interpret that in the ATC.

The background is cardboard painted with Modern Options iron surfacer, left for 12 hours then painted with  Modern Options rust solution.  It didn't get rusty enough, so I gave it another coat of the rust solution a few hours later.

Somewhere on my travels, I bought a small roll of rusty mesh, I added strips of this, held in place with some brown heart brads.



The heart is card, embossed in a cuttlebug folder, then painted with Golden micaceous iron oxide mixed with some  umber, red and orange fluid acrylic paints.  This gave it the colour I wanted, but the texture was a bit too fine and wasn't rusty enough, so I added Distress embossing powder to the high points.

The heart is adhered onto the background with some little sticky foam pads, to give it a little depth.

I really like this one. Glad I get to keep one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site