Saturday 29 December 2012

Alphabetica U & V

This month's Alphabetica pages relied heavily on Golden fluid acrylic paints and embossing folders put through the Wizard...

U is for Umber, embossed with 2 different embossing folders (Cuttlebug, Tim Holtz) painted with a couple of coats of Golden fluid acrylic raw umber, and the word 'umber' drawn with a Viva Pearl pen. The little circle is just a couple of layers of card, run through and embossing folder and painted.


The back of the card is done in the same way, but using burnt umber paint, somehow it always surprises me that burnt umber is lighter and richer than raw umber, I always imagine burnt things to be darker and greyer...


V is for violet was a bit more fun, I used a brocade embossing folder and Golden quinacridone violet.  This looks more like fuchsia or cerise to me than Violet, but they are a professional paint company and who am I to argue? The flower is organza, which I cut into circles, then cut towards the centres and held over a candle to make the 'petals', before attaching with a gold brad. The lettering is done with gold Stickles.


The back of V is Viridian. I like Viridian, it is very close to Teal/Turquoise, which is my favourite colour (you may have noticed this!). Same techniques as U & Violet. I was really tempted to add a little Treasure Gold to the high points, but then they wouldn't have been pure colours....





1 comment:

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site