Sunday 20 June 2010

Needle felting

A couple of weeks ago, two friends of mine pointed me in the direction of a brand new Merrylock Embellishing machine on EBay. I was very fortunate to win the machine for £62.99 and I collected it 10 days ago. I didn't find the time to start playing with it until Thursday, and I finished my first project today.

I have seen a number of felted projects which have been beautifully done, but using gross (in my opinion!) colours. I thought I'd make something subtle. I took a base of acrylic felt, and felted some grey-black wool to it. Once I'd covered the felt and made a nice base, I took some more yarn and wound it into spirals, and felted those to the base. I added some simple fly stitching in a shiny crimped yearn, and some french knots in a hand dyed grey & pink perle cotton, and I *think* it's finished.


I'm not sure though - part to me feels there should be a focal point, but I'm not sure what it could be, or where to put it. I'll look at it over the next few days and see if anything suggests itself...

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, love the subtle palette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Adrienne. The subtle colours and the addition of the handstitching make for a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely and so tempting BUT I just can't 'start' anything else! I keep looking at needle felting and wondering... went to Artvango today - gorgeous art/mixed media shop and very nearly bought some merino wool tops (I think that's what they're called anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.... do i need one of those machines??

    ReplyDelete

Guestbook

Blog Archive

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site