Saturday 26 December 2009

Stampbord triptych

Trizzy sent me a stampbord triptych a couple of months ago, and I loved the idea, so I made this one to give as a Christmas present.

I took two of the 2 x 1 inch pieces, drenched with water and zapped with a hot heat gun until they bubbled.

I used fluid chalk inks to colour the bubbled pieces and a 2 x 2 inch piece, then stamped images using Chapel Road stamps and Stazon ink.


I scraped and scratched here and there, but you can hardly tell as when I added a layer of glossy accents to seal it and give it a shine, the ink dissolved just enough that the scratches disappeared!


Finally, I added tiny hinges, and coloured the edges and hinges with a brown Sharpie pen.

2 comments:

  1. What a neat triptych. I love the idea of the bubbles.
    By the way, I really enjoy your blog. I live in N.California and am just now taking up arts and you offer some dandy ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Adrienne - I just love this one, glad I was able to inspire you...

    ReplyDelete

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site