Saturday 26 December 2009

Copper & agate brooch

Remove formatting from selection
I had some 16 gauge copper wire to play with, and decided to make a brooch as a Christmas gift. I had an agate heart which had a pre-drilled hole of about the right size, so threaded that onto the wire. I used round nosed pliers to bend the wire into the shapes I wanted, then used a chasing hammer to flatten all the bends, which stiffens the piece so that it holds its shape.


I hammered and flattened the end into a point, and used much finer wire to wrap around the bottom of the brooch to hold the last curve of the wire in place. Thankfully the recipient likes it!

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Thanks for sharing the directions as well. QP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet. I haven't made pins yet but love them. Love copper and this is just cute. Cheers. Lois

    ReplyDelete

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site