Thursday 17 May 2007

Altered board books

I have been taking part in an altered board book round robin. Each book has been an opportunity to experiment and play with new techniques and products.




Each book had a theme - Trish's ( above) is WOMEN.
This is the first one I did - Trish wanted her book collaged,
and collage is not something I have done before!



Pauline's book (below) was on the theme of SECRET SANCTUARY,
and I had a lot of fun with patina solutions and lift up flaps!!!








For the lift up flaps, I first created a
background using Stewart Gill
Byzantia paint, and stamped onto it using
Stazon and a Stampers Anonymous image.






I collaged images of all sorts of things I thought
should be in a secret sanctuary!








Helen's book (above) was on the theme of GROWING THINGS,
and was somewhat of a challenge,
as I had decided to experiment with transfers,
and they didn't all go quite to plan.




Chrissy's theme was FRIENDSHIP,
and I struggled with finding images to illustrate the theme,
but had fun playing with Gesso and H2Os for the background!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook

Blog Archive

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site