Tuesday 31 December 2013

Lutradur wall hanging


I had to make something for a swap, using Lutradur.

I started by taking white lutradur, and adding a very thin layer of gesso through a stencil  I then used crimson and orange fluid acrylics to colour the lutradur, the gesso takes the paint differently to the lutradur and creates a nice effect. I painted another piece of lutradur crimson, and mounted the gessoed piece onto it using gold brads.


For the focal piece, I took some dark grey lutradur, added gesso, then painted it deep brown using fluid acrylics.  I glued on a moulded polymer clay embellishment, and used more gold brads to attach to the layers below.  The whole piece needed some sturdy support, and some contrasting colour to make it 'pop', so I cut a piece of mount board and covered it with some bright green polyester 'fabric' from the florists. I adhered the lutradur piece to this base with matter medium, and added a little ribbon hanging loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site