Tuesday 7 October 2008

Christmas presents



I have been busy making 24 Christmas presents for the 12 days of Christmas swap on CC Swaps yahoo group.

I won't spoil the surprise for the recipients by posting pictures of what I made, but I was so pleased with the way they looked when I'd finished wrapping them (never my strong point LOL) that I thought I'd share that here.

For the smaller presents, I sprayed mulberry or silk papers with colourwash sprays, and for the larger flatter gifts, I crumpled brown paper up then sprayed each sheet with 3 colours of Radiant Rain. A quick handmade tag and tied it all up with soem interesting balck yarn to add drama. I hope the recipients realise that the wrapping is part of the gift, to be used in their art!

3 comments:

  1. Love the papers. Would never have guessed it started off as brown bags. I hope I'm in your group!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog while blog surfing and wanted to leave you a comment thanking you. I love that you described each background and materials you used. It makes it easier for a novice like me to learn new tricks. I love your work and plan on checking back often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must spray paper for christmas wrappings.
    Must remember.

    ReplyDelete

Guestbook

Copyright

Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site