Tuesday, 31 July 2012


These charms were made very simply from shrink plastic, then mounted onto tags.

I ran white shrink plastic through the Wizard, with a heart die cut.  I added a little deep green/blue colour with a pigment pad and rubbed it around with my finger till it was subtle. I punched the hole.

I stamped the oriental lady (Stampington) on one side and the oriental pattern (Stampers Anonymous) on the other, using turquoise Stazon, then shrank the plastic.

Once shrunk, I edged the hearts with the turquoise Stazon, added a couple of jump rings and a leaf , then attached the charms to the tags.

The tags were made by rubbing distress in ks onto a craft sheet, then spritzing until the ink 'beads'.  

I pressed the tags into the ink, several times, drying with a heat gun between layers of ink.  I then used a Cratfters Workshop stencil and moulding paste to add pattern and texture, and ran a distress ink pad over the top.  

I stamped 'charmed' onto a some scrap card, added fibres, and was happy with the result. Hope my swap partners like them!

Button tags

I made these tags for a handmade button on a tag swap. The buttons are made from polymer clay.

I mounted the orange buttons onto paper flower shapes which I'd overstamped with some text.  The tag background was made by smearing distress inks onto a craft sheet, spritzing, and dipping the tag into the ink. Do this several times, drying the tag in between.  I then used a Crafters Workshop stencil, and moulding paste, to add patterned texture.  I ran an inkpad over the top to catch the detail, then added a bunch of fibres.

The tag below was made the same way.

Sunday, 29 July 2012

Alphabetica postcards

I've been organising a running Alphabetica postcard swap since January.  Here are some of the postcards I've made for the  first 10 letters of the swap.  Forgot to take pictures of all the postcards :-(

A for Art combined a gesso and Quink background with a friendly plastic embellishment and some scraps left over from another project. 'Art' is stamped and heat embossed.


A for Abstract is another gesso and Quink background, with another friendly plastic embellishment, and painted 'A' and some stick on letters.

E for Entrepreneurs - the Cavalieri Brothers - love this stamp.  Background is grungepaper - hate this stuff - with colourwash sprays and stamped texture.

E for eclectic, eccentric Esmerelda.  More grungepaper, with stamping, a painted letter and stick on letters.

F for Fish. A painted and stamped background, and my favourite oriental Koi stamp in gold.

F for Fossil.  Painted and sprayed backgrounds, stamped Fred Mullet fossil fish.

D for Damsel - grungepaper again, with an alcohol ink background for the Enchanted Ink image, which was stamped onto acetate with purple Stazon and backed with gold.

D for Dragonfly - more grungepaper, stamped with a Stampers Anonymous dragonfly, with an added dragonfly embellishment made of polymer clay coated with PearlEx.

I for Ice - pearlescent background and stamped letters coated with several layers of clear embossing powder with a little glitter mixed in, bent to crack it, and a few pearlescent snowflakes for good measure.

I for Inclusions - handmade paper with flower and leaf inclusions, and a variety of inclusions trapped behind gauze.

J for Jilted - Distress inks background, with a painted letter, stamped word, and stamped Crafty Individuals image.

J for Joined.  Embossed cardstock with a thin coat of Brilliance ink, layered with gold vellum and a stamped image, with added golden hearts.



Please note that I assert myself as the creator of all art on this site (unless I credit another artist) and retain copyright of all artwork posted on this site